Borosil Prima 42 L OTG review 2023
Are you planning to buy Borosil Prima 42 liters OTG then go for it without any doubt. This is a perfect OTG for home use.
OTG will extend your cooking capabilities and you can do the baking, grilling, roasting easily at your home. This OTG is perfect for making cakes, bread, cupcakes, cookies, pizzas, muffins, grill chickens, and many other recipes.
Learn more about Borosil prima OTG in the below review.
The overall score: 4.5 out of 5 points
This is one of the best OTG available in the market because of its multitasking feature and performance. OTGs are available in different sizes and capacity from 10 liters to 60 liters.
For home use, a medium-size OTG is a good fit, not too big not too small. It cooks food faster at low temperatures, hence saves more electricity as compared to other OTGs.
To operate OTG accessories are required such as crumb tray, tray handle, rotisserie handle, etc. These accessories are included with this OTG package.
The operation is easy using the analog timer control, temperature control, and multiple heating options. Additionally, a recipe book is provided with this pack.
Overall, Borosil Prima 42 liters is the best OTG for home use with all the great features, performance, and energy efficiency. It can perfectly do baking, roasting, reheating, boiling, and grilling.
- Easy to use
- Value for money
- Outer Body of OTG heated after cooking
- Power: 2000 Watts
- Capacity: 42 Liters
- Accessories: crumb tray, tray handle, rotisserie handle, rotisserie axis, rotisserie fork
- Light indicator
What is in the box?
Borosil Prima OTG parts provided in box are mentioned below:
- Borosil Prima OTG
- Crumb tray
- Tray handle
- Rotisserie handle
- Rotisserie axis
- Rotisserie fork
- Recipe book
Go through the features of Borosil Prima OTG for better understanding of the product:
Borosil OTGs are available in different capacities from 10 liters to 60 liters. For a single person, 10-liter OTG is enough whereas for a large family a 60 liters OTG is good. But these models have their disadvantages.
A small OTG is cannot prepare enough food for 2 to 3 people whereas large OTG consumes more electricity. The 42 liters capacity OTG is perfect to cook food for 3 to 5 people as well as consume less electricity.
This OTG works on 2000 watt of power. If power is less it will take a lot of time to cook and if power is more it consumes more electricity. A 2000 watt of power is enough to cook a decent amount of food with less power consumption.
The chamber inside the OTG is having a light to see inside while cooking. If dark inside the OTG chamber then you may not come to know the cooking progress. But the presence of light makes it more convenient to see the live cooking of food inside the OTG.
A red power indicator in front of OTG. This indicator turns on whenever the timer knob is set. After cooking this indicator switch off. For cooking completing alert this light indicator is helpful.
The temperature control regulator is there for different temperature settings. The temperature setting range from is from 90 degrees to 230 degrees. It has a setting of 90, 120, 150, 210, and 230 degrees for all kinds of cooking.
The analog timer is provided to set the time required for cooking. You can set the timer and automatically OTG stops after completion of the time.
The timer has settings from 0 – 90 minutes, time setting is for 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 90 minutes. Also, there is a stay on setting to keep the OTG on.
In convection mode, the heading fan runs and blows the hot air. The hot air circulates inside the chamber and cooks the food evenly from all the sides.
This OTG has 6 heating options for different kinds of cooking. You can use these settings to cook different kinds of food. All these settings are a combination of top and bottom heater and convection fan.
- Top and Bottom heater with convection – Lower rod and upper rods are used for this cooking and you can cook tikkas and kabab using this heating option.
- Top heater with convection – Heating has done from top and convection fan is ON to circulate hot air. You can use this cooking for tandoori, tikkas and kababs.
- Top and Bottom heater without convection – Lower and upper rods are used for this cooking. Heating is done from the top and the bottom convection fan is off. This setting is done for baking cakes, custards, and puddings.
- Top heating with rotisserie action – Rotisserie is placed inside with top heating. This setting is used for grilling meats and vegetables.
- Top-bottom heating with rotisserie and convection – This setting is ideal for grilling whole chicken.
- Top and bottom heating off.
Multiple accessories are provided with OTG for roasting, grilling, and baking.
- Crumb Tray – Crumb tray is placed at the bottom of the OTG chamber. It will collect crumbs and pieces for food fell while cooking. Crumb tray helps to keep the OTG clean.
- Grill Rack – On grill rack, you can keep pans, trays, and moldings for cooking.
- Baking tray – The baking tray is used for cooking and roasting. You can roast fish, chickens, and vegetables.
- Tray handle – Tray handle used to hold the tray. After cooking tray handle is used to hold and remove the tray from the chamber.
- Rotisserie folk and axis – Rotisserie folk is used for cooking tandoori recipes. Rotisserie folk hold whole chicken for roasting. Also, you can make tikkas and kababs using rotisserie folk. When we set the cooking option the rotisserie folk rotate and cook the food from all the sides.
- Baking, grilling, and toasting – You can use the baking tray for baking cake, biscuits, and muffins. Tasty pizza and bread toasts can be prepared. Using grill you can make all kinds of grill recipes.
- Warranty – Company is providing a 2-year warranty on the product.
Other parameters which make it better OTG for home use
Borosil Prima 42 liters OTG is a medium-size OTG and it requires a small amount of space in the kitchen. Almost the same space required for 10 liters and 42 liters OTG. But a 60 liters OTG bigger and occupies large space in your kitchen.
Cleaning of Borosil Prima OTG is easy. You need to make sure after every cooking OTG chamber should be cleaned properly otherwise bad smell comes from OTG. The Crumb Tray is very helpful for cleaning as it holds all the food pieces, access oil and crumbs fell from the grill. With a piece of cloth, the OTG chamber can be easily wiped.
For buying any home appliance you will be considering the durability of the product. This OTG is made of high-quality material and the parts inside are of very good. It works very well for the long term with less or no maintenance is required. This OTG is durable and long-lasting.
Price plays a very important role in any home appliance. You have to consider your budget before finalizing any model. Usually good OTG price range from 7000/- to 12000/- INR. Borosil Prima 42 liters price is around 10000/- INR. This is a reasonable price for a good medium size OTG with additional accessories provided along with OTG.
If you separately buy accessories it will cost around 1000 to 2000 INR. You have to think for the long term. If you buy a cheap OTG than you will end up spending more on maintenance and parts replacement. Buy Borosil Prima 42 liters for long term use and value for money.
Things we can cook in Borosil Prima 42 OTG?
As we know Borosil Prima 42 OTG is capable to do baking, grilling, and roasting. This type of cooking requires less oil and fats for cooking. Foods cooked are healthy and tasty. Cooking does not take a lot of time and evenly cooked from all the sides.
Lot of recipes you can cook in OTG, either roasted, grilled, or baked. You can prepare cake, whole wheat bread, cookies, biscuits, muffins, pizza, tandoori chicken, grill chicken, kababs, chicken tikkas, lasagna, cupcakes, etc.
Borosil Prima 42 liters have a lot of great features and good performance. This OTG is a good OTG to use for the long term. Based on Borosil Prima 42 liters review and considering all the parameters this is one of the best OTG for home use.
Related Product reviews:
- Top 10 Best hand blender in India 2023 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Top 10 Best Mixer Grinder in India 2023 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Top 10 Best oven toaster griller in india 2023 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Top 10 Best Dry Masala Grinder in India – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Follow TopTenReview.in on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to get the best products review and buy the best product for your home!
I am a software engineer, blogger and writer. I created this blog to help people take right decision on buying home appliances. In spare time I loves to travel and watch movies. Read more about me.